Friday, February 13, 2009

Entering the World of Blogging

I did it.
I never wanted to.
I always said I wouldn't.
But I did it.

Personal blogs are a way for people to say a lot, who normally have very little to say.
This new age of blogging makes everyone who knows how to use capitalization and periods into a writer. And that might even be stretching it.
I figure for this first posting I should make it out to be a disclaimer. Everyone carries some sort of hypocrisy around, this is true, so let's consider my distate for personal blogs and then starting one my hypocrisy.
My hypocrisy came about after I made the decision to pack up rainy Seattle and move to windy Cheyenne, Wyoming. With the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (possibly) closing March 18 and my apartment lease up March 30, I figured this would be the perfect time in life to make a change. My dad and his family live there and I've always wanted to spend real time with them apart from my once a year visits.
Having grown up in the Seattle area (pop. 1,826,732) and living in Seattle (pop. 582,174) for the past year moving to Cheyenne (pop. 55,314) seems like an adventure.
City girl to country bumpkin, or what you will.
So that leaves us here. The move is projected for sometime late March early April. No concrete dates yet as I'm still waiting to see what happens at the P-I. The start of the blog may seem a bit premature but I figured I should chronicle my last month of city life before I start blogging about my transition to country life.
This doesn't change my aversion to personal blogs, but it does help me understand them a little more. The one giant reason I gave for starting this? So I wouldn't have to share the same story with 10 different people over the phone. For those interested on how I'm doing with country livin', you can check in whenever you like.
And should I become the person who has very little to say, you can stop reading whenever you like. The choice is up to you and that's the beauty of blogging.

2 comments:

  1. So it's kind of like "The Simple Life: Starring Loken"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I loved the first season of that show.

    ReplyDelete