Things shoved to the back of the closet, stuffed out in a shed and pushed underneath the bed need to be taken in to account when moving.
I've just starting chipping away to make things simpler. And by simpler I mean, throwing away (or recycling). Last night I went through an entire box that held notes taken in Speech 101, Writing 101 and a history class taken at Highline. At one point I figured I would need these again, but I sat there for about two minutes trying to time travel back to that thought process. It took me one second to decide that I didn't need the notes I had saved for five years.
There was also a turning point for me. I decided that I no longer needed CD cases. All CDs are now in a giant booklet for safe keeping and all cases are sitting in my trash can. I figured instead of two giant boxes full of CDs, some that I haven't listened to in years, put them in one easy to move booklet.
I justified this by noting that most people these days burn all their music on to a computer and store them on an iPod. Not having a decent computer for this, or a decent iPod, the CD booklet seems the best route. Plus I still have a nostalgia for CDs, even though most of them are scratched and it's a gamble which ones won't skip.
All cassette tapes have been thrown out.
R.I.P. mix tapes.
No comments:
Post a Comment